Advanced Technology and Techniques
Over the past few decades, the restoration industry has undergone a remarkable evolution with rapid advancements in technology and techniques. These innovations empower professionals, such as those at SERVPRO of Framingham, to restore properties to their preloss condition swiftly, reliably, and with greater effectiveness.
A key player in establishing practical standards for restoration and cleaning is the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Their influence is evident in the IICRC S500 Water Damage Guide, a comprehensive set of standards that specifically addresses water damage restoration. This guide integrates the principles of psychometry, a field that involves the manipulation of temperature and relative humidity to strategically remove moisture and expedite the drying process for a property.
The IICRC S500 provides a structured framework that SERVPRO of Framingham Professionals adhere to, ensuring that restoration efforts are not only efficient but also guided by industry-leading standards. By incorporating psychometric principles, our experts can tailor their approach to the unique challenges posed by water damage, facilitating a more precise and effective restoration process. As a result, clients can have confidence in the proficiency of our team to navigate the complexities of restoration, utilizing cutting-edge techniques to bring damaged properties back to their preloss state.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.