SERVPRO of Framingham Explains Water Damage
Leaking pipes, burst sewer lines, and natural disasters can leave your home severely water damaged. If your property is affected, it is critical to identify the cause and act quickly.
Water damage can be very stressful to deal with, especially because more problems can arise. Here is some information that might help you understand more about water damage.
- Water Volume: If your home is experiencing water, you can typically manage it on your own. However, if there is significant flooding that is not going away, it might be best to call a professional.
- If your neighborhood is recovering from a large flood, and your home has suffered significant damage, you should hire a professional to help with restoration.
- The first thing to do when you discover water damage in your home is to unplug all electronics. By using this equipment despite the situation could cause electrical shocks or even explosions.
- Mold can spread quickly once it infests an area, so it should be inspected for growth. Oftentimes, mold can appear inside the walls or floors, so it’s important that this inspection is ongoing.
- Before more damage occurs, eliminate moisture and dry out the affected areas. You can use fans or a large-capacity dehumidifier to circulate air and dry out the surrounding materials. This won’t prevent mold growth altogether, but properly drying out the area will help lessen the damage.
- If insulation or carpet, are soaked with water, you need to dispose of them immediately.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with your water damage. “Like it never even happened.”